Our terms and conditions, as listed below, explain the responsibilities, obligations, and rights of all parties. Where we use the word 'you' or 'your' it means the Customer: 'we', 'us' or 'our' means us, the Removers. These terms and conditions can be changed subject to prior agreement.
- We operate two pricing systems, an hourly charge and a fixed price quote.
- Our terms and conditions relate to both methods, unless otherwise stated.
We may change the price or make additional charges if:
- There are delays or events outside our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time allowed to complete the agreed work.
- The parameters of the job change subject to your plans.
- We are subject to unforeseen fees, charges and costs, previously unscheduled.
It is advantageous for us to park as close to the properties we are loading and unloading from. Please try and reserve a space of -----" or ------m as close to the property as possible. This will save you time and money.
Arrangements must be made for valid parking by yourself or if discussed, by us on your instruction. This should be one of the following:
- Visitor parking permits
- Yellow line dispensations
- Residence bay suspension
- Red route loading bay suspension
- Parking meters
More information can be found through your local council or Transport for London. The charges and rules for these vary from council to council and must be paid fully in advance by you.
If these permits or suspensions are not supplied for any of the properties being visited you will be liable for any parking tickets incurred.
If we receive any parking tickets throughout your move, from wardens on the day or remote and mobile cameras which can take up to two weeks to arrive, these will be payable by you.
If we organise any paid for parking and payment is made by us, this will be paid by you as an inclusion on the final bill, this is applicable even if you cancel or postpone your move.
Providing it has been discussed and agreed, prior to the day of the move, we are happy and able to:
- Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture (flat-pack), fixtures or fittings.
- Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
- Excluding all built-in appliances and furniture, all gas and mains electrical appliances.
- To be obtained at your own expense; all documents, parking permits, parking permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- In advance of your move, you must provide full addresses, including postcodes, for all properties visited.
- You or a representative must be present on our arrival and departure, unless otherwise agreed.
- You must confirm any items, fixtures and fittings that should remain in the property so nothing is taken away in error.
- Empty and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- You must have any gas or mains electrical appliances, safely and professionally disconnected where appropriate.
- Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
Ownership of goods
By entering into this Agreement, you guarantee that:
- The goods to be removed and transported are your own property, or
- The person(s) who own or share them have given you permission and has been made aware of these conditions.
Although we do not charge if you wish to postpone or cancel your move at any point prior to the day of the move we would appreciate as much notice as possible. However if the move is cancelled on the appointed day we will charge you £100 with the addition of any prepaid parking fees paid by ourselves, regardless of hourly rate or quoted price.
It is expected that you will pay in full, the cost of the move on completion.
The payment will include any additional charges, such as parking charges, parking tickets, congestion charge and any materials supplied. Payment can be made in cash, by cheque or bank transfer.
Payment by cash or cheque must be made on completion of the move. Any payment made by bank transfer must be paid by the 7th day following completion of the move, after this period interest of 1% of the moves value will be charged daily.
Insurance: Liability for loss or damage
In order to operate as a removal business our vehicle is insured for use on the public highway as "hire or reward". This allows us to carry and offer "goods in transit" insurance. We carry £20,000 of "goods in transit" cover. This covers any single van load to the maximum value of £20,000. We do not charge for the use of this insurance however if you do wish to claim for loss or damage, you will have to pay the policy excess which currently stands at £250. The maximum £20,000 cover will apply per van load.
N.B. There are exceptions to us allowing you to claim on our insurance:
- Any packed or boxed items/contents, packed by anyone other than our staff will not be covered.
- Any damage or breakage to any boxed or packed items must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery, we or our insurers will not be liable for any claims declared after the aforementioned 24 hour period.
- Items claimed as lost will not be covered unless a full inventory is issued prior to the move.
- Electronic or mechanical items, such as televisions and washing machines, will not be covered for damage or claimed as not working unless proof of items full working condition can be proved prior to its movement.
- Any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- Any goods removed from storage facilities deposited or moved by other parties.
- Any goods deposited by us in any storage facility subsequently moved by other parties.
Please check your household contents insurance as you are probably covered for a move at little or no cost, providing you use a remover who carries "hire or reward" insurance. Specialist insurance covers or circumstances can be considered.
All queries regarding insurance must be discussed and finalised prior any items being moved.
Damage to premises or property other than goods
It is your responsibility to ensure that the areas in which we will be working in including all access points and routes within the property must be cleared for easy access and movement of goods.
Because third parties are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery our liability for loss or damage is limited as follows:
- If we cause damage to premises or property as a result of our negligence we shall be liable to repair the damaged area only.
- If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction knowing it has the potential to cause damage, we shall not be liable.
- If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or property, you must notify us by completion of the job. This is fundamental to the Agreement.
Once we leave each property for the final time our liability for your property, goods, contents and all liabilities cease.
Time limit for claims
For goods which we collect and deliver, you must notify us of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery or within 24 hours of delivery to the property. Once we leave the property of the final time our liabilities cease.
Delays in transit & waiting time charges
If through no fault of ours we have to wait to gain access to any of the properties for 1 hour or more we will charge our agreed hourly rate until access is gained.
Data Protection and Privacy
All personal information provided, is only used when we are planning a move, packing, clearance or sale of materials requested by yourself. We do not share this information with outside parties.
If you have any questions relating to any of our terms and conditions please contact us at any time.
<< New text box >>
Affordable Moves & Transport Ltd Croydon CR2
E-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 020 3251 0259